Are considering a move?
Here are some great tips to spruce up your home for the viewings of potential buyers.
1. A can of paint and a paint brush goes a long way. (I know, I hate painting too)
2. Scrub, clean, empty~ Scrub your floors, make them shine, Clean out cabinets, closets, clear off counter tops. (Start packing)
3. Empty the house of any clutter
4. De-Personalize your property.
Remove all the cute pictures of babies, pets & family.
When a buyer comes in, the Realtor is trying to show off the features of your home.
It makes it hard for a Realtor to do her job if the buyers are looking at the pictures and saying “OH, What a cute baby!” We can certainly appreciate a cute baby, but your trying to “SELL” your home!
For more tips/tricks on staging your home for a sale, feel free to call me or email me anytime.
Below is an interesting article.
After years of sluggish growth, home remodeling is rebounding and more home owners are tackling long-delayed house projects to spruce up their homes.
The growth in remodeling is coming at a time when more home owners are once again seeing equity in their homes as the overall housing market picks up. “Home improvements can further boost home values and help sustain both the housing recovery and economic growth,” Realty Times reports.
“With the U.S. economy and housing market now recovering, investment in the nation’s housing inventory is also picking up,” according to the JCH report. “Lenders and new owners are rehabilitating millions of foreclosed properties. Older home owners are retrofitting their homes to accommodate their future needs… And with the huge echo-boom population moving into the home buying market over the coming decade, the remodeling industry can look to an even more promising future.”
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry expects growth to continue in home remodeling, particularly as more clients feel more stable in their finances and employment situations.
Source: “Home Improvement Growth Latches onto Housing Recovery,” RealtyTimes (Feb. 5, 2013)
DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 05, 2013
- This Is Finally The Year! (listingpros.net)
- Home Remodeling Index Points To Top Home Design Trends For 2013 (prweb.com)
- Helpful Tips for Keep a Home Safe and Secure During Remodeling Projects – Tip Sheet by AlarmSystemReport.com (prweb.com)
- Home Owners Get Back to Remodeling Residences (365todos.wordpress.com)
- Trends for design and remodeling in 2013 continued… (frenchremodelingandfurniture.com)